Preparing your skiing holiday
The ski holiday is awaited by many of you! To make the most of your holiday, it is essential to prepare your skiing holiday in advance.
Here are some tips for spending good moments.
Choose your ski resort
The first criteria you need to consider is the ski resort. Indeed, choosing the right ski resort is the first step to a successful stay.
You need to consider several things:
- The level of skiing: a confirmed skier will not have the same requirements as a beginner.
- Ski in family or between friends: consider the desires of the people with whom you are leaving. Some will want the presence of a snowpark, others with large pistes or even skiing between fir trees ...
- Children skiing: if you are going with children, choose a resort that has developed the necessary infrastructure to accommodate them.
- The disciplines you want to practice: learn about the different activities offered by the resorts if you want to discover new sensations (cross-country skiing, dog sledding, snowshoeing, balneotherapy, night skiing ...).
- Your budget: Depending on the ski resort, ski passes, accommodations and ski rentals, prices may double!
How do you choose your accommodation?
Start by locating the places where you want to be accommodated. At the foot of the pistes, close to shops, in the center of the ski resort, in a small quiet village ...
You will then have to think about the services you want to benefit from. For an all-inclusive stay, we advise you to choose a hotel or a bed and breakfast. You have nothing to prepare after your sports day. For more tranquility or for tighter budgets, turn to apartments or residences.
Rent your ski equipment
If you ski less than 2 weeks a year, it will be more profitable to rent your ski equipment. If not, you can buy them on websites specialized in mountain sports such as www.precisionski.co.uk.
For rental, we advise you to book your ski equipment online. This will give you discounts and save time when you pick up your equipment in the store.
The same goes for ski passes. Buying them online will allow you to avoid long queues on Sunday mornings and enjoy the runways faster.